Using our voices to make a difference
DPS Sharjah aims to have a club on campus that is open to all
students, where the focus is on raising awareness of mental health and wellness and on reducing stigma and discrimination against mental illness.
Our endeavour is to create a more accepting environment for students with a mental health condition or who have a family member or friends with mental health condition.
We would like to establish ourselves as a school that values the
mental wellness of our students and takes a proactive approach to early prevention and intervention of students in need of support.
Our focus is on awareness, education, and advocacy.
· To educate and increase the awareness of students, teachers, faculty, and school administration on mental health and wellness.
· Be supportive of students who are living with mental health concerns.
· Provide information on school and community resources.
· Encourage students to recognize early signs of mental illness.
· Encourage students who are having mental health issues to get help.
· Work to end the stigma that surrounds mental illness.
· Create an inclusive, safe, and supportive school environment.
· The goal of the Club is to end stigma by raising awareness that mental illness is not rare and should be treated like any other kind of medical condition.
· To provide a platform where students can talk openly about
mental health and wellness, learn ways to support friends or
family members who have a mental illness, and educate others on campus about mental health and wellness.
OF THE MONTH
What Mental Health needs is more sunlight, more candor, more unashamed conversation.
This is a great place to tell your story and give people more insight into who you are, what you do, and why it’s all about you.